LIC unveils Arogya Rakshak’s health insurance plan. The Arogya Rakshak policy provides fixed health insurance cover against certain specified health risks. It provides timely support in case of medical emergencies. Thus, helps the insured and his family to remain financially independent in difficult times.
Life Insurance Corporation, LIC’s new health insurance plan called Arogya Rakshak can be beneficial for seekers. This is a non-linked, non-participating, regular premium and individual health insurance plan.
The policy seekers can cover themselves as the principal insured (PI), their spouses, all children, and parents under the policy. Principal insured refers to the person who is the actual policyholder at the time of taking the policy. Principal insurers, spouses, and parents in the age bracket of 18-65 can avail themselves of the Arogaya Rakshak plan. However, for children, the age bracket is 91 days – 20 years to avail of the Arogya Rakshak plan.
The cover period will be available for up to 80 years for principal insurers, spouses and parents. Moreover, the same is valid for children for up to 25 years.
Benefits offered under LIC Arogya Rakshak Health Insurance
- An option to choose a flexible benefit limit.
- Flexible options for the premium payments
- Major financial protection if the need comes for hospitalization and/or surgery
- Lumpsum benefits irrespective of the actual medical costs
- If more than one member is covered under the policy, a premium waiver is available for other insured persons in the event of the unfortunate death of the original principal insured. The person has to be the policyholder at the inception of the policy
- In case a policyholder or others covered under the plan have to undergo surgery that falls under Category I or Category II. Then, he/she is eligible for Premium Waiver Benefit.
- To increase the plan coverage, policyholders have the option to avail of products like Auto Sum Up Benefit and No Claim Benefit. They will also receive benefits on calling an ambulance and while going for a health check-up.
- Policyholders can avail all of these benefits with optional riders like LIC’s New Term Assurance Rider and LIC’s Accident Benefit Rider.
For more such updates, keep watching this space!